Monday, December 6, 2010











YIKES! I haven't written in SO long!
I read Fallout by Ellen Hopkins the minute we got it in the library. I just love her stuff and am hoping to host her in our library this spring. Fallout is the third in the Crank trilogy with Glass being #2. These stories are based on the true story of her very own daughter who has been in and out of meth addiction for many years. Fallout is the story of the daughter's children and how their lives are effected by their mother's addiction.
I also read You by Charles Benoit and was impacted by the story to the degree that I made it our first 'staff book discussion read' on the NOOK- ereader. You is the story of a boy who makes all the wrong choices and is influenced by the wrong people to a disasterous end. I contacted the author, who is local, and he is thrilled that we're reading it and is going to join us for the discussion- YEAH!
When Behemoth finally came out last month- I had read Leviathan and was eagerly anticipating #2 in this series- I immediately grabbed it and savored it over this past week. I just LOVE Scott Westerfeld's writing and stories. Behemoth continues where Leviathan left off and Deryn and Alex are once again embroiled in WWI as the Darwinists and Clankers go at it. Deryn is having a hard time keeping 'her' secret as Mr. Sharp.
I am a BIG David Levithan fan and very much enjoyed Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist so when I heard he and Rachel Cohn had published another book, I had to get it. So I am currently reading Lily and Dash's Book of Dares and loving it, especially given the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment