Tuesday, November 2, 2010


I'm just about to finish Jennifer Donnelly's Revolution. I'm trying to savor the ending because I've loved this book so much that I don't want it to end. In this tale of historical fiction, Andi- a 21st century young woman, is dealing with her own problems when she is made to travel to Paris with her estranged father. There, while researching her thesis, Andi finds a connection to another young woman from 200 years ago named Alex, and is transformed to the world of the French Revolution. It is a time of fear and danger. Alex has been companion to Louis-Charles, the dauphin (heir to the throne of France). His parents have already become victims of the dreaded guillotine and he is to be next. Alex's love for Louis-Charles seems to transport Andi to a place and time where she can learn to face her own 21st century demons.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed A Northern Light and didn't know that Jennifer Donnelly had written another!! I will definitely be purchasing this one soon!!:)

    ReplyDelete